Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mar 17/18 Weekend

Been falling behind on updates lately! We've been getting busy with our midterms (Melody has midterms, all my work is devoted to my project grous) and it leaves us with little time for going out or updating the blog.

This past weekend however, was a time when we had to go outside and enjoy the nice weather, because it was a rare period full of sunshine. One thing we didn't realize until we arrived here is how overcast it is on a weekly basis. Getting one day of sunshine is an amazing thing. Getting 2 days in a row is lottery luck!

So we woke up on Saturday and went down to the water and enjoyed the warm sunny heat!

 Melody enjoying the sun and water
 A wider shot, showing the bay
Jordan in the sun



After this sunny escapade, Melody inevitably had to go tend to her studying. I wanted a bit more sunshine so  I hiked along the rocky path to the sandy beach. It doesn't look like it's very far from HKUST pier but it was a 40 minute hike along brush and rocks my first time across.

 The rocky path, complete with guide ropes!
 Nearing the beach!
 Flowers along the way
 I feel like I could have filmed part of Cast Away here
HKUST is in the background
 Shells on the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment